2010 Standardized Testing Scores
- Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations: Twenty of our students (Classes of 2010 and 2011) earned AP Scholar Awards in recognition of their exceptional achievement on AP Exams. Ten qualified for the AP Scholar with Distinction Award (two of those students also qualified for the National AP Scholar Award), four qualified for the AP Scholar with Honor Award, and six qualified for the AP Scholar Award. Fifty-five percent of AP scores from the Class of 2010 were 4s and 5s.
- SAT Scores: The Oakcrest Class of 2010 average SAT score was over 400 points higher than average scores for the nation and for Virginia, and 270 points higher than the average for Fairfax County Public Schools. The SAT is scored out of 2400 points.
- ACT Scores: The Oakcrest Class of 2010 average ACT score was 5.5 points higher than average scores for the nation, 4.2 points higher than average scores for the state of Virginia, and 2.4 points higher than the average for Fairfax County Public Schools. The ACT is scored out of 36 points.
2011 National Merit Scholarship Program
- Six seniors have been named as National Merit Commended Students in the 2011 National Merit Scholarship Program. Commended Students scored in the top five percent of more than 1.5 million students in the 2011 competition.
Oakcrest has chapters in the following merit-based academic honor societies:
- National Honor Society – 21 current members and 17 new inductees
- Mu Alpha Theta (Mathematics) – 19 current members and 17 new inductees
- Jr. Classical League Latin Honor Society – 11 current members and 11 new inductees
- Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica (Spanish) – 12 current members and 7 new inductees
Virginia Mathematics League Competition 2010-2011
- The Oakcrest team placed seventh out of 95 schools, with one Oakcrest team member placing fifth out of 1,919 students.
2011 National Spanish Examination
• Oakcrest students earned two gold medals, nine silver medals, five bronze medals and 17 honorable mentions out of 140,373 students nationwide who participated in the 2011 exam.
2011 National Latin Examination
- Oakcrest students competed against 150,000 students from all 50 states and 12 countries in the 2011 National Latin Examination. Four students placed in the top 10% and qualified for the Gold Medal. Here is a brief summary of the results:
Latin IV Poetry: 2 Gold Medals, 2 Magna Cum Laude, 1 Cum Laude
Latin III: 1 Gold Medal, 1 Silver Medal, 2 Magna Cum Laude, 1 Cum Laude
Latin II: 2 Silver Medals, 1 Magna Cum Laude
Latin IB/Latin I: 1 Gold Medal, 1 Silver Medal, 2 Magna Cum Laude, 2 Cum Laude
Latin IA: 4 Outstanding Achievements, 2 Certificates of Achievements
2011 Medusa Mythology Examination (Greco-Roman Mythology)
• Oakcrest students earned two bronze medals, four Corona Laurea awards, and seven Corona Olivae awards. Approximately half of the Oakcrest students who took the exam earned awards.
District XII Chorus
- Five members of the Oakcrest chorus auditioned for and were accepted into the District XII Chorus. This is a select chorus comprised of public and independent/private school students from Fairfax and Arlington Counties. The competition involved over 800 students auditioning from 13 high/upper schools with about 100 auditioning on each vocal part. Approximately 25-30 are selected for each vocal part.